Alongside the announcement of its new long focal length zoom for the E1-X and X-Pro1, the Fujinon XF55-200mm, Fujifilm communicates on the roadmap of the X-series lens (XF-mount). What’s coming ? Well, interesting new lenses : three prime lenses and a wide angle zoom, in addition to a new of XF lenses for Fuji X cameras developed by the German optician Carl Zeiss : a Distagon 12mm, a 32mm Planar and a Makro-Planar should come to the market.
Here are the new lenses for X-Pro1 and X-E1 that Fujifilm is planning to launch in 2013 and early 2014:
- Fujinon XF 27mm F2.8: it is a ultraslim lens, a pancake. This will certainly be a great standard lens for street photography along with with X-E1 which I liked because it is a bit more compact than the X-Po1.
- Fujinon XF 23mm F1.4 R: This will be an equivalent to the traditional 35mm prime lens on Fuji X and it will be fast lens with a maximum aperture of f/1.4 ! By the way, I am flying to the FWI to test the Sigma 35mm F1.4 ART on my Nion D800… stay tuned for the Sigma 35mm ART review !
- Fujinon XF 10-25mm F4 R OIS: this will be the wide-angle zoom of the range with an equivalent to a 15-36mm.
- Fujinon XF 56mm F1.2 R: beautiful portrait focal length equivalent to a 84mm with a max aperture of f/1.2… if you please !
Learn more about the Fujinon XF55-200mm F3.5-4.8 OIS R LM zoom lens announced today.
But another announcement made today by Fujifilm is realy a thrill : Carl Zeiss dives into manufacturing XF-mount lenses for E1-X and X-Pro1. I haven’t received any additional information on these Carl Zeiss XF lenses apart from the fact that they will exist, no lead time, no price idea (yet, I expect a Zeiss prime lens to be really expensive and great but how greater than Fujinon lenses these Zeiss lenses can be ?!). So, for the time being, all we know is what Zeiss is planning to launch with XF mount :
- Distagon T * F2.8 12mm /
- Planar T * F1.8 / 32mm
- Makro-Planar T * F2.8/50mm