I just received Fujifilm’s XF lenses roadmap update from Fujifim France. Aside 5 new lenses in 2013, they confirm the launch of two new lenses for the X-Pro1 later this year after the summer. We’ll probably be able to get our hands on them at the Photokina 2012 that is held in September. These new lenses are :
- A wide-angle prime lens, a 14mm f/2.8 (equivalent to a 21mm lens once mounted on a X-Pro1 that has an APS-C sensor).
- A 18-55mm f/2.8-4.0 zoom lens (equivalent to a 27-83mm)
This lens roadmap update shows Fujifilm’s ambitions for its X-Pro cameras family (I expect other X-Pro cameras to build an entire range…) shows that they are planning to launch no less than 5 new Fujinon XF lenses in 2013. If they all come out as planned, they will then have a pretty diverse lens range. Expected 2013 X-Pro lenses are :
- a 56mm f/1.4 (equivalent to a 84mm) portrait lens
- a 27mm f/2.8 pancake lens (equivalent to a 41mm)
- a 23mm f/1.4 (equivalent to a 35mm)
- a telephoto zoom lens 55-200mm f/3.5-5.8 OIS (equivalent to a 83-300mm)
- a wide-angle zoom lens 10-24 f/4.0 OIS (equivalent to a 15-36mm). I like stabilized wide-angle lenses….
Appetizing, isn’t it ?
Here is the roadmap as per today :