The AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR is an other affordable FX format lens designed by Nikon which seem to be building a range of fairly priced lenses for Full Frame DSLRs. That could lead me to think that they will indeed launch the anticipated D600…
This AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G is not too expensive ($599) but also a light lens (465 grams) and gets the matest VR system and the ultrasonic SWM AF drive.
Today, Nikon also unveiled a super travel lens, the AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR.
AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR main technical specs
- 24-85mm (3.5x)
- Max. apertures : f/3,5-5,6
- Nikon VR image stabilization
- 7 circular diaphragm blades
- 3 aspherical lenses
- 1 ED glass lens
- SWM autofocus motorization with internal focus (IF)
- Closest focusing distance : 38cm (at all focal lengths)
- Filter diameter : 72mm
- Lens diameter : 78mm
- Lens length : 82mm
- Weight : 465 grams