Canon USA has confirmed the Canon EOS 5D Mark III light leak on its pro DSLR which has been available for a few days now (but Canon is struggling to deliver the ordered quantities). Canon USA website writes that the LCD panel may delude the iCFL exposure metering system when you shoot in the dark with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III, simply because an amount of the LCD screen light leaks and is detected by the exposure metering system. 5 simple steps, that’s what it take….
- Step 1 : Canon confirms the issue : check.
- Step 2 : Canon say they are working on a solution.
- Step 3 : 5D Mark III users which encounter this issue can register on canon’s website to be warned when a solution is available. (my guess is a firmware update should do the trick)
- Step 4 : you get an email from Canon support to fix your camera.
- Step 5 : everybody is happy, especially the EOS 5D Mark III equipped photographers.
APRIL 24th UPDATE : Canon has found a solution to the Canon EOS 5D Mark III light leak issue and published a service advisory.