Adobe launched Creative Suite 6, the CS6 creative software bundle, and Creative Cloud, its new type of offer which sounds like a marketing revolution as end users will have the possibility to rent CS6 on a monthly basis along with Cloud services to save, store and share their work, publishing services.
Adobe Creative Cloud and the photographer
- You rent your softwares and don’t have to pay over $2,500 for them.
- You have auto updates of the softwares and if new applications are brought to CS6, you automatic get them.
- Creative Cloud includes all ipad touch apps.
- You can auto save your work, your images, your creations…
- Your work is always updated on all your computers and mobile devices.
- You get some powerful and simple publishing tools, 5 website spaces.
Adobe Publishing Suite
Adobe Creative Cloud : prices
- $49.95 / month for a 1 year subscription.
- $74.99 / month if you decide on a monthly subscription basis
- $29.99 if you currently own Adobe CS3, CS4, CS5 or CS5.5
Adobe Creative Cloud and CS6 : Adobe official press release
SAN JOSE, Calif. —April 23, 2012 — Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced Adobe® Creative Cloud™, a radical new way of providing tools and services* that will change the game for creatives worldwide. A subscription-based offering, Adobe Creative Cloud is a hub for making, sharing and delivering creative work and it is centered around a powerful release of Adobe Creative Suite® 6 software (see separate release), packed with innovation across its industry-defining design, Web, video and digital imaging tools.
Adobe Creative Cloud Highlights
- Creative Cloud membership provides users with access to download and install every new Adobe CS6 application announced today and two new HTML5 products, Adobe Muse™ and Adobe Edge preview.
- Creative Cloud integrates Adobe’s creative tablet applications†, such as Photoshop Touch, into everyday work – seamlessly synchronizing and storing files in the cloud for sharing and access on any device.
- Creative Cloud members will be able to easily deliver mobile apps to iOS and Android marketplaces and publish, manage and host websites.
- Adobe Creative Cloud members will have access to application upgrades, including new CS point-product features, before they are launched as part of major CS updates, as well as inventive new products and services as they emerge.
- Adobe Creative Cloud membership is US$49.99 per month, with an annual contract. A special introductory offer of US$29.99 per month for CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is also available.
“The urge to be creative is universal, and harnessing the creative spark – in everyone from school children to creative pros – has never been more important,” said Shantanu Narayen, president and chief executive officer, Adobe. “Wherever and whenever inspiration strikes, Adobe will be there to help capture, refine and publish your ideas.”
Creative Suite 6, Innovative HTML5 Tools Anchor Creative Cloud
- CS6 includes landmark releases of industry icons such as Adobe Photoshop® CS6 (see separate release), Adobe InDesign® CS6, Adobe Illustrator® CS6, Adobe Dreamweaver® CS6, Adobe Premiere® Pro CS6, Adobe After Effects® CS6, Adobe Flash® Professional CS6 and more. With Creative Cloud membership, creatives can download and install all of the 14 new Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications.
- Creative Cloud membership also includes access to Adobe Muse and Adobe Edge preview, new tools for HTML5 design and development that demonstrate Adobe’s commitment to the latest Web standards.
Creative Cloud Links Adobe Touch Apps to CS6 Desktop Tools
Adobe Touch Apps bring professional-level creativity to tablet devices and address multiple areas of the creative process: image editing, ideation, sketching, mood board creation, website and mobile app prototyping, and the presentation of finished work.
- Photoshop Touch and Adobe Ideas have already proved runaway hits on the iPad and Android tablets. Three additional tools, available on Android today, will be coming to iPad soon: Adobe Collage, Adobe Debut and Adobe Proto.
- A new desktop app, Adobe Creative Cloud Connection, enables the syncing, sharing and storing of files across mobile devices and desktop.
- Creative Cloud membership includes up to 20GB of cloud storage, with additional storage purchase options coming soon.
- Creative Cloud Publishing Services Streamline Website and App Creation
- Creative Cloud publishing services will include the ability to easily publish apps, magazines and catalogues to iPad, iPhone and Android devices.
- Members have immediate access to Adobe Typekit, the Web-based font library that pioneered the use of real fonts on websites, delivering more than 700 typefaces from leading foundries.
- New Web hosting capabilities, integrated as part of Adobe Creative Cloud membership, allow users to easily create and host high-impact websites. The Integration between Adobe Muse, Typekit and the Web hosting capabilities power a new simplified workflow for delivering high-impact websites.
- Members Receive Ongoing Delivery of New Applications, Services and Features Creative Cloud members will receive ongoing updates to Creative Suite applications as well as other new products and services as they emerge. Coming in the future to Adobe Creative Cloud are:
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4, the desktop software tool that enables photographic perfection from shoot to finish; the first complete release of Adobe Edge, a ground-breaking HTML5 development tool; and Digital Publishing Suite Single Edition, the technology behind the delivery of digital magazines on iPad.
- Creative Cloud will also include training, support and community features that drive meaningful connections between creatives worldwide.
To learn more : Adobe Creative Cloud Web pages