Nikon’s Sendai factory is currently producing the highly expected DSLR : the D4 and the D800. Bernama.com has toured the factory and comes with impressive figures that show Nikon’s determination to keep up with the photographers demande :
- Nikon Sendai factory employes 1,600 workers who work on the D4 and D800 production.
- The monthly DSLR production is : 30,000 D800 and 5,000 D4.
- It takes 4 hours to assemble a D8000 and 5 hours for a D4.
- One camera is produced every minute during day shift.
- The DSLR have 1,600 parts.