6 years after the launch of the lightroom project which has changed a lot the way we work our photos, the digital photography workflow software of Adobe is showing waht the versin 4 should be like thanks to the Beta program. You mat sign in to download Lightroom 4 Beta and be a part of the BEta testing program which will help the editor to launch a fully operatinal final version, probably around end of march 2012 as this Beta of Lightroom 4 will stop working on Marcj 31st.
Lightroom 4 : what’s new ?
Here is what’s new in Lightroom 4 :
– New tool to retrieve shadow image detail like we have for the highlights.
– Lightroom 4 will allow users to apply noise reduction locally as well as white balance, ideal for tricky multiple light source images with a white balance brush.
– Lightroom 4 has been somehow inspired by Aperture 3 and finally offers a photograpybook creation function and a way to browse through your images upon their geolocalization.
– Lightroom 4 will send images by email itself using your email accounts.
– More video editing functions and video sharing to Facebook and Picasa.
– Soft proofing in order to see what to expect on screen before you print your images with a printer whose ICC is known.
I’ll offer you a full Lightroom 4 preview within a few days as I am quite busy here in Vegas convering the CES 2012. I have a meeting today at Canon’s in order to preview the G1 X, then I will go to Sigma to have a look at their new lenses for hybrid mirrorless cameras and tomorrow, I have a workshop planned at Fujifilm to put my hands on the X-Pro1.